Engaging online programs that will connect your students and provide them with tangible skills to use in their everyday life and leadership.
yLead Online at a glance…
Like many of us, 2020 has provided the chance to serve our community in ways we never thought possible. With COVID impacting our ability to facilitate face-to-face experiences, the yLead Team embraced the challenge and pivoted our experiences to be facilitated online. With now over 200 hours of online facilitation experiences, we are discovering innovative and unique ways to serve your students with the same depth and connection we would face-to-face.
yLead’s online experiences are adaptions of our face-to-face workshops and can still be tailored to your desired outcomes and goals. Our preferred online platform is Zoom, however we do have hours of experience on Microsoft Teams and Webex. For maximum engagement we request that if your students are onsite at school and that they be in a classroom of up to 30 students with our facilitator projected onto a large screen. We also request that a supervising teacher is in the each classroom or attending the online session on their individual deviceIf at home, student are to be on individual screens.
Exploring what it takes to be a role model.
This half-day experience educates and empowers students to be the best leaders they can be. Throughout the online program, students explore the acronym HEART in a series of fun challenges that summarise:
H elpful – looking out for everyday actions that enrich the lives of others
E veryday Heroes – identifying attributes of role models and how to recreate those individually
A ware and Active – becoming more aware of personal strengths and how they can be used to take positive action as a leader
R espectful Relationships – tips to create and maintain positive and respectful connections
T eam player – the importance of working with others in an encouraging and supportive environment
Shifting the paradigm of leadership
Leadershift develops confident, resilient, positive leaders in the middle high school years. The program redefines students’ perceptions of what it means to be a leader, understanding that it’s not just a badge or title but rather positive actions and attitudes students can take. Through a series of fun and energetic games, as well as thought-provoking questions, students will identify the specific actions they can take to strengthen their leadership influence at school and in the community whilst hearing inspiring stories of young people who have led positive change in their world. The experience also focuses on building strong relationships within the cohort and explores positive group behaviour. Leadershift will:
- Shift students’ perspective on leadership with the understanding that it is not just for senior students or those with a badge, rather the influence they have through their positive choices and actions.
- Identify practical actions and attitudes that every student can utilise to have a positive influence.
- Develop positive group dynamics by exploring communication and collaboration through team problem solving activities.
- Explore the direct relationship of attitude and results, creating greater accountability.
- Empower students to have greater self-confidence in expressing their views and opinions.
Gaining skills and tools to positively mentor younger students
yLead’s Peer Support Training is a comprehensive leadership development experience that empowers students with the tools to be effective Peer Support Leaders. Students will participate in a variety of workshops that explore: leadership fundamentals, creating connections, building trust, managing teams and facilitating activities. Students will also complete a workbook to refer back to throughout their Peer Support leadership year.
Peer Support Training will:
- Help Peer Support Leaders understand the importance of their role in the wider school context
- Develop Peer Support Leaders’ skills in creating connections with younger students through facilitating meaningful conversation
- Examine the keys to building a trusting relationship between Peer Support Leaders and younger students
- Equip Peer Support Leaders with the tools to manage small groups (teams) and create a positive, inclusive and welcoming culture for younger students
- Empower Peer Support Leaders with the confidence to design engaging meetings and facilitate activities
MAXIMISING THE BADGE
• SRC / Prefects / Student Leaders
• Up to 50 Students
• 2 hours or Half-day
Taking your badge to the next level
Maximising the Badge is a hands-on leadership development experience that combines team building with essential skill development for leadership groups. Students will work together in a range of practical challenges, developing a greater understanding of each other and creating a shared vision for the year ahead.
Maximising the Badge will:
- Explore the notion of how an effective and inspiring leadership team can have a dynamic and positive influence on their school
- Enhance self-awareness on skills and strengths and provide an opportunity for the team to value each others contributions
- Promote group cohesion, unity and a shared vision
- Develop clear goals and action plans
- Provide an opportunity for students to enhance their leadership skills in an open learning environment
- Demonstrate the value and responsibility of leadership through a positive, fun and engaging experience
At Taylors Hill we have been lucky enough to have worked with yLead for 3 years now and completing the Maximising the Badge online as opposed to on location was just as powerful and purposeful for our Student Leaders. Our leaders were highly engaged by Amy and Lucy as all students actively participated in deep conversations and had many opportunities to collaborative during the online program. It was as entertaining as always with great music while students completed the challenges. Thanks so much to yLead and especially to Amy and Lucy for an amazing experience.Teacher, Taylors Hill Primary School, Victoria
I would like to sincerely thank you and all of the team at yLead for the inspiration and direction. This has resulted in our student leaders creating an amazing, positive culture within our school.Teacher, Gladstone State High School